About Our Organization
Cobequid Community Health Centre (CCHC) is here for you, your family and your neighbours. Whether you require emergency care, are managing a chronic illness, or need routine tests, care is available for your entire family – your children, siblings, parents and grandparents.
The Cobequid Community Health Centre serves the communities of Bedford, Sackville, Waverley, Fall River, Hammonds Plains, Mount Uniacke and surrounding areas.
Did you know?
- Cobequid Community Health Centre has the third busiest Emergency Department in our province of Nova Scotia even though we are only open from 7am-12pm, while others are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- From April 2015 to March 2016, our Emergency Department served 41,000 patients. Of those patients, 68.6% were adults, 14.9% were children, and 16.5% seniors. Over 95% are discharged home, and less than 5% transferred to an inpatient facility.
- Cobequid Community Health Centre has the fastest ambulance to bed time in metro. Daily ambulance volumes have doubled with full bed availability.
From April 2015 to March 31, 2016:
- The Cardiology Ambulatory Clinic served over 6,900 patients, including EKG & Stress EKG tests.
- Our Laboratory performed over 1 million tests on 90,800 patients.
- The Diagnostic Imaging (X-ray) Department performed 77,000 exams on 64,000 patients.
- The Physiotherapy Department saw over 900 patients, who made 9,500 visits.
- The Endoscopy suite helped over 4,260 patients; performed 1,800 gastroenterology tests, 1,550 cystoscopy exams.
- The Youth Clinic offered extensive support to youth in our community. More than 1,600 visits were made to the Clinic students attended presentations in our local schools/communities.
We are excited to announce that the 2017 Walk Run will provide the funding needed to continue to grow and strengthen the services provided in our Emergency Department.
For more information, on these and more services available at the Cobequid Community Health Centre,click here.